quinta-feira, 8 de fevereiro de 2018

Spirituality and diversity



Spirituality. When people face this word, many ideas and concepts come to mind. Most of them derived from influences we have always had in our background. Education, culture, society, parents, religion, dogmas. We are, all the time being affected by all that surrounds us.
Frequently, when the term spirituality is mentioned, it is a commonplace to think about the idea of a religion, of a closed system a person should follow.

There is an array of definitions which are easy to be found online for the term, but that is not my point here. I always observe Spirituality as something with no limitation. Being something felt, rather than just studied. It is an internal and personal experience where some may relate to specific religion, other to a diversity of paths.

Today I was thinking that, in order to achieve many things in our pursuit of growth, a Spiritual maturity is fundamental. A better understanding of life in general. It is linked to some articles previously posted, about how we become aware of many issues, awakened beings for reality.

We should consider not only intelligence and rationality but also a level of internal maturity. To be able to work with magick, occultism, and other applications of this world, there is an element connected to an internal alchemical process. So, in my case, I like to call it Spirituality, and the Spiritual maturity.
A person may seek magick in search to perform things, be capable of amazing actions, etc. But, in my humble opinion, unless some maturity is achieved, and this maturity is in the level of spirituality, the work may be defective and incomplete.

Conceptualization may come from an idea of being good and kind, and many would associate it with RHP. I think this is labeling. And that is something I do not like to do.
In my post about kindness, I talk about how we can be kind and gentle, no matter our Paths. And being polite, caring, does not mean you may not be a person that also walks in the shadows, deals with darkness. Some things do not need to be exposed, nor used as a mask trying to fancy an idea of “bad guy”, or “wise person”.

People can have their beliefs, their practices, embrace their darkness, however that does not mean they need to have an aura of evilness, or that they will build a character or wear a mask just to bring an idea.
Real knowledge is noticed. Wisdom is perceived and not claimed. Many things do not need to have a loud voice, they show themselves even in the most incredible silence.

Talking about Silence, this is another concept I was wondering about. When reading about how much we need silence to better understand things, the thought could be that we need to be quiet all the times, having no kinds of interaction, not even speaking. Like a vow of silence, or something like that.

But, ok. Then, we decide to go silent. We even isolate ourselves a bit from mundane things. We do not interact much, and we believe we are being silent. Thereupon we are alone and get our mobiles. We chat, go after information, just scroll the screen. We are silent, “externally silent”, but we have so much noise inside that we fail again to listen to the True voice of Silence and its teachings.

That Silence that brings stillness of mind. That calmness. That peace.

Real Silence is necessary. I love to be in silent places. I love to be alone with my thoughts. The problem is when my thoughts are louder than the world outside. I believe it is possible and necessary to shield yourself. Bring the silence even to a noisy and crazy world.

All these things I have been thinking, connect to the Path I am following. And I am glad it is not a limiting one.

I have always felt bad about things that try to tie me up. I have been in contact with some different kinds of religion, beliefs, philosophies. Always as a student, as a curious person, an interested one. I believe learning may come from many different sources. And for me, it became important to do everything in a detached way.

This brings me to Asetianism. I see it as Path that gives and brings freedom. Never a closed system, one that demands you to do things, follow specific ideas, perform specific actions.

Freedom, one of the points that made me feel comfortable. Diversity, the second one.
The study of many different things is of extreme importance. Being able to benefit from them. Knowledge is shattered all around, and many pieces of the big Puzzle may be found amidst different things.

So why limiting ourselves by getting attached to a single thing? When we allow ourselves to be open, even not following some ideas, we can benefit from the teachings. We can see how things manage to connect. One being complementary to the other. There are so many things around the world, and when we are able to see, feel, respect and be open to them, we become powerful beings, and that is because we have knowledge.

Knowledge is something nobody will ever take away from us.

" There is truth in the thought that power is conquered by strength and a mighty weapon. That weapon is knowledge. ☥"
-Luis Marques. 09.10.2014

I think they are a combination of elements that made me really interested. The diversity, the freedom, and the amazing inclusive world that it presents us.

It is like a tree with branches and then fruits. And the roots are profound, bringing what is necessary to establish a strong foundation, so it has a solid growth. The branches going in different lines, also dealing with different aspects of things, as they are facing different directions, thus being able to see from different perspectives. Then the fruits come, and they reflect the Tree. Having some differences in shape, color, size, but their main substance is still the same.

So, when a person is free to explore this diversity, and there is an incentive for that to be done, it is something I admire and respect.

We can deal with different things, not conflicting ones and we can and should learn from the diversity, as Luis Marques says, many things hold pieces of the whole puzzle.

"No enunciation of the Truth will ever be complete, no method of training will ever be suitable for all temperaments, no one can do more than mark out the little plot of infinity which he intends to cultivate, and thrust in the spade, trusting that the soil may eventually be fruitful and free from weeds so far as the bounds he has set himself extend....”
-Dion Fortune, Esoteric Orders and Their Work and The Training and Work of the Initiate

Limiting ourselves is limiting our own growth.

And since there are so many things, it is an endless Journey.

“...Asetianisn is not a religion but a cultural and philosophical legacy that reflects a way of life maintained through inner growth and a profound spiritual path."

“...From a scholarly perspective and unlike the aim and scope of other occult and religious paths, Asetianism is a tradition, discipline and a way of life that balances and unifies the fields of science, spirituality, magick and art.”
-Luis Marques, Book of Orion – Introduction

This is one of the books I recommend for those interested in delving into occult studies.
Here is the link where a preview containing the introduction of Book of Orion can be read.

http://www.asetka.org/Orion.shtml

As for me, I am just a student, an eternal student, but I am careful about the things I read and study. In my opinion, a Real Path has to carry different elements, resonate with me, bring knowledge in different fields as I am a person that enjoys reading about almost anything.

Asetian teachings are special. A valuable tool, worth to be studied. It is, as many say and know, a Path that is not always smooth and easy and It may bring the best and the worst of people

“The Aset Ka is not just an Order, it’s a primordial force. Those more evolved learn from it, even if they don’t follow its culture, but those less evolved are still affected by its Violet light, so their frustrations turn into ego, hate, illusion and lies. Everyone is affected, the trial is learning from it or falling into deceit. It’s an initiation of nature. Aset Ka is a mirror, showing honor in beautiful souls or ugliness in those rotten inside. People just reflect themselves without realizing.”
-Dawn Lillian

Initiations occur in the most different ways, and Aset Ka has a system of organic initiations; which in my opinion, are quite appealing because they can be felt. Not things you just read, but ones you are actually able to feel.

To consider something to be True, it has to be lived, experienced.

I am glad I got this fire burning to it encourages me to go after knowledge, seek for answers and have more questions.
I am grateful for this way in which I can explore things, and I am able to learn. It is therefore vital for us to be open so we benefit from this diversity of ideas, systems, and concepts.

Additionally, I have some special thanks to some people inside the community, that either in direct or indirect ways have been somehow helping and bringing me valuable teachings, sometimes in simple ways, or even by just being silent. A silence that carries a special meaning, though.
Many things are not possible to be explained, they need to be lived by a personal experience.  Therefore, what I have been doing here is just writing about my personal insights, and how I feel that the things I decide to study and follow have been helping me to grow. Many different things, but that now have a central point, a core, a compass, as I see that this Path is a pulse that ignites my internal Flame.

Lynskha - Eternal student of this endless Journey.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário